Along with these ideas, which focus on more lifestyle factors, like nutrition and personal hygiene…you also need to consider your beliefs and emotions and any stresses you may have going on in your life as well…because it is a collection of six main factors, which contribute to any form of dis-ease in your mind and thus your body. I wrote more about this here.
The six main root causes of dis-ease are:
1. Your body and it’s various organs and tissues itself – how healthy and vital is it? The more healthy and balanced it is, the stronger it is and the better able it is to cope and manage when it’s stressed.
2. Stress – what is going on for you just now and long term, which is stressful for you? It’s important to calm all of this down and find ways which will work for you, so that you are able to manage in a more balanced way when things do trigger you.
3. Emotions – what emotions do you have pent up and whizzing around inside of you? Again, it’s important to address these aspects & let them go. When we don’t & they’re left to ruminate, they become symptoms in our body & eventually manifest in a dis-eased way.
4. Beliefs – what do you believe in? e.g. “I get four colds every winter” is a belief and does not serve you. “The Corona Virus is a pandemic and we’re all going to catch it” is also a belief and does not serve you or humanity. None of these thoughts are actual facts, they are beliefs and when held on to and given regular attention, they become a reality. They are not real though. They are not factual. They are beliefs made manifest. So it’s vital we all look at our beliefs, which we’ve created ourselves, as well as those passed down from our family and societal paradigms and change them, letting go of the ones which are no longer positively serving you or the wider world. Your values and life goals also come into this area as well – if they’re out of balance, we see this showing up in the mind-body with dis-ease.
5. Social – what is going on in your social world i.e. at home, at work and socially with your networks of friends etc? Are they all in balance? Are they all harmonious and happy? Those which are unhappy, out of balance and causing stress need to be looked at and addressed, because again, when left to fester and ruminate, they also contribute to dis-ease in the mind & body. It’s important to have supportive social groups in all of these areas – therefore, creating real-life solutions and building empowering habits for yourself are fundamental.
6. Lifestyle – what is your lifestyle like? Is there enough exercise or appropriate physical activity in your daily routine and who you are/what stage you’re at in life? Are you eating the foods and drinking the beverages which support your body, mind and constitution? Your vitality and strength on that physical and mental level play a huge part in your overall health and wellbeing.
Dis-ease and illness as we know it, do not show up randomly in the body. It’s due to a combination of the above six key areas. When there is an imbalance in two or more of these areas, we will experience this imbalance in the mind and body, especially when left for long periods. This is when symptoms also become chronic.
Therefore, looking after our health and wellbeing in mind, body and spirit is so important…and is not just about green smoothies and pilates. Or keto diets and gym routines. There needs to be balance (or as close to balance as possible) in all six areas for us to enjoy more balanced health and wellness overall.
What’s also important to remember is there isn’t any blame being placed here. This is about educating ourselves and adjusting things in our own lives accordingly. When we know and are informed fully, we can make more accurate and appropriate choices and decisions. Education and being empowered individually is key, rather than giving that personal power away, expecting someone else to fix you. You’re not broken…your body is simply giving bio-feedback when physical and mental symptoms show up.
Two tools which I use successfully and effectively, both on and for myself, as well as with those I work with are EFT (also known as tapping) and pure simple mindful breathing. They each help to calm the fight or flight response and rebalance the mind and body to a state of calm again. Both can be easily learnt and followed by two apps I recommend, which are currently free to download. The Breathing App has very simple content and it’s all accessible for both iOS and Andriod. The tapping app has some free content and some which is accessible when you subscribe. It’s also available for both iOS and Andriod.
To find out more, get in touch, where we can discuss your own individual needs…because no two people come to have their dis-ease by the same route…everyone has different triggers, which activate in the mind and body at different times.
* NB: If you have any signs or symptoms, both physically and/or mentally, which you’re unsure of and are not coping with on your own, go and see your GP and get a medical assessment done. Knowledge is power and understanding what is going on from a medical perspective is vital for supporting your wellness journey. I work alongside doctors in my work, which is crucial for getting to the root cause of illness and dis-ease in anyone.
I’ve been saying what the latest research has just proven (link below) since the whole environmental impact by humans started to gain publicity…
…that it’s not simply too much plastic or too much intensive farming or too much flying in aircrafts causing climate change and environmental devastation…
…that our very emotions and attitudes influence our environment massively…
You see, because every living thing, from human beings right down to a small leaf or insect are all innately connected, it was always obvious to me that the environmental changes we’re seeing and experiencing on a global scale are hugely influenced by human thoughts, beliefs and emotions.
Science has already proven time and time again that less than 5% of symptoms we experience are because of genes… i.e. it’s our thoughts, emotions and beliefs – how we interpret and interact in the world – which manifests dis-ease and illness in our bodies, along with other factors, which I talk about in previous posts. Therefore it makes perfect sense that these same thoughts, emotions and beliefs can anddoalso influence the very environments we live, work and play in as well.
Now before anyone jumps on a high horse…there isn’t any blaming or shaming in what I’m saying. No one is saying it’s your fault if you have this dis-ease or that illness. Much of what happens to us is through unconscious programming and conditioning. Therefore, most of us are very unaware of what our thoughts, beliefs and emotions are doing or that they’re even there in fact. I for one didn’t know it was my thinking which landed me with two knee surgeries or my thinking which has caused me to have skin issues for most of my life.
However, we know now, that more than 95% of dis-ease and illness in the mind and/or body has a mind-body-social-brain connection. There are very specific themes which are associated with where a symptom, illness or dis-ease shows up, following a trigger, which to the individual, was a conflict for their thoughts, beliefs and emotions and thus, creates this imbalance in our bodies.
Therefore, the world we live in, our environment, is also a reflection of our thoughts, emotions and beliefs…because we’re all connected, every-living-thing.
If we explore and study the history of what’s happened in global populations and the land where these things happened, there will be a correlation with what’s going on environmentally now…likely with similar conflict themes to those we see showing up in the human body, where similar individual thoughts, feelings and beliefs have been felt, processed and held on to over time.
So the new research which has just been published (link below), by three separate scientific studies is very exciting and illuminating for how we continue to choose to shape our future, both as individuals, as well as country-wide and global populations.
The dominant patriarchal aggressive approach to life and living is not serving us as a global family. We need to create radical change, right down to how we treat ourselves and others, before we actually, seriously become a part of the sixth mass global extinction…which will include the extinction of the human race if we don’t change the way we live with ourselves and others now.
The #bekind movement has never had a more significant birth than now.
It’s actually paramount for the future of the planet and every living thing that we change how we live, work and socialise with each other. If we continue on the trajectory we’re on just now, with the nastiness, slander, anger and rage which we’re witnessing everywhere, even towards ourselves, we’re on a very slippery, rapid downhill slope to ending life on planet earth as we know it. Literally.
Even if we do not agree with someone else’s opinion, we need to learn to be kind and loving anyway.
Our governments…it’s time to stop slagging and bitching at each other, thinking this kind of behaviour is clever and is going to win votes. It’s not mature…it’s not grown up…and it’s not showing any kind of loving-kindness or intelligence for your people to look up to and be inspired by.
Teachers in education…stop putting children down. Treat them with the respect you want to have as well. If you’re getting angry and irritated in the classroom, maybe it’s time for a career change or retirement. Don’t take your frustrations and unresolved emotional hurts out on the students though. Teach with loving-kindness and you will receive this in return.
Those who work at the top in medicine and pharmacology…including the funders…it’s time to tell the truth at all levels of the medical chain. People deserve to know the truth. Stop with the lies, deceit and pretence that you do not know what is going on when scientific research has proven time and time again now that we do know why illness and dis-ease are happening…and it sure isn’t going to be cured by mass pharmacology either…and you know it. You signed the Hippocrates oath…which says do no harm.
Organised religious leaders…it’s time for you to stop with your lies too. Stop hiding the abuse and corruption at all levels of your patriarchial organisations. None of the religious texts talk about or support the behaviour you’ve all been carrying out, supporting and hiding over the decades. Stop it. Be honest. #bekind
Media in all its forms – print and internet journalism, radio and TV presenters. It’s ok to have an opinion about things. We can all be kind when expressing our thoughts and feelings though. If you feel the need to put down or berate another person in any way, shape or form, it’s time you looked at your own unresolved emotional hurts…your heart needs loving-kindness and it’s time you bestowed it upon yourself.
Social media trolls. It’s simple. Be kind. If this is a challenge for you, ask yourself, “where do I have unresolved emotional hurts, which are desperately calling out for my loving-kindness…?”
It all starts within, for all of us. Be kind to yourself…and then it’s much easier to be kind to everyone and every living thing around us, with love and compassion.
Honestly, without this change now…we’re all going down the plughole sooner rather than later.
Below are some book suggestions to help you move from loveless and lacklustre to loving and lovable, from cutting and cowardly to kind and compassionate, from disconnected and disillusioned to Divinely guided: