ThermoBuzzer™ is a system I use as a monitoring biofeedback tool for stress management, peak performance and longevity by using reflecting body surface heat, sympathetic/ parasympathetic stress levels, imbalances and asymmetries as represented by the infrared data.
ThermoBuzzer™ is NOT a medical thermography system and can NOT be used for any type of medical diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of a disease.
Infrared cameras capture the infrared information as a greyscale image. The various colour palettes are used to show the differences in temperature (infrared wavelength) in a more precise and visually pleasing way and to see specific imbalances or patterns better. It’s important to remember, the colours by themselves do not mean anything.
In preparation for using this technology and to increase the accuracy and sensitivity of temperatures measured we need to decrease the temperature difference between the coldest spot in the room and the hottest point of the body to range between 7℃ and 15℃. So the room temperature is generally between 21℃ to 24℃.
Even though we do not use ThermoBuzzer™ as a medical diagnostic device there is still a lot we can learn from the procedures and client preparation instructions the medical thermography field has established over the last 30 years in the development of this knowledge.
So if this is a service you would like to avail of when it becomes available, in preparation for your appointment, we ask clients to follow these steps:
2-5 Days Before the ThermoBuzzer™ Scan
- NO tanning, sunbathing, sauna, steam-room, hot/cold packs or other major interventions.
- NO acupuncture, chiropractic or other physical manipulation or compression.
- NO ultrasound, electro-stimulation, mammograms, x-rays, MRI, PET or CT scans.
1-2 Days Before the ThermoBuzzer™ Scan
Avoid activities that would drastically influence your external or internal temperature.
- NO hot or cold shower, bath, pool, Jacuzzi or other extreme temperature exposures.
- NO deodorants, skin creams, lotions, perfumes or powders.
- NO smoking, chewing tobacco, chewing gum, candies, pain medications, aspirin.
- Avoid exercise or heavy physical activity.
The Day of the ThermoBuzzer™ Scan
- NO hot shower, shaving areas to be imaged, heavy make-up, deodorants or oil based products.
- Remove all jewellery in the area to be imaged.
- WEAR loose fitting clothing to exam.
- NO hot or cold beverages or foods 2 hour before the scan.
Notify Me If:
- You had surgery, chemotherapy, radiation or other major interventions during the last 3 months.
- You take blood pressure, beta-blocker, circulation, aspirin or pain medications.
- You have a significant fever (over 38℃) or other major symptoms right now.