Along with these ideas, which focus on more lifestyle factors, like nutrition and personal hygiene…you also need to consider your beliefs and emotions and any stresses you may have going on in your life as well…because it is a collection of six main factors, which contribute to any form of dis-ease in your mind and thus your body. I wrote more about this here.
The six main root causes of dis-ease are:
1. Your body and it’s various organs and tissues itself – how healthy and vital is it? The more healthy and balanced it is, the stronger it is and the better able it is to cope and manage when it’s stressed.
2. Stress – what is going on for you just now and long term, which is stressful for you? It’s important to calm all of this down and find ways which will work for you, so that you are able to manage in a more balanced way when things do trigger you.
3. Emotions – what emotions do you have pent up and whizzing around inside of you? Again, it’s important to address these aspects & let them go. When we don’t & they’re left to ruminate, they become symptoms in our body & eventually manifest in a dis-eased way.
4. Beliefs – what do you believe in? e.g. “I get four colds every winter” is a belief and does not serve you. “The Corona Virus is a pandemic and we’re all going to catch it” is also a belief and does not serve you or humanity. None of these thoughts are actual facts, they are beliefs and when held on to and given regular attention, they become a reality. They are not real though. They are not factual. They are beliefs made manifest. So it’s vital we all look at our beliefs, which we’ve created ourselves, as well as those passed down from our family and societal paradigms and change them, letting go of the ones which are no longer positively serving you or the wider world. Your values and life goals also come into this area as well – if they’re out of balance, we see this showing up in the mind-body with dis-ease.
5. Social – what is going on in your social world i.e. at home, at work and socially with your networks of friends etc? Are they all in balance? Are they all harmonious and happy? Those which are unhappy, out of balance and causing stress need to be looked at and addressed, because again, when left to fester and ruminate, they also contribute to dis-ease in the mind & body. It’s important to have supportive social groups in all of these areas – therefore, creating real-life solutions and building empowering habits for yourself are fundamental.
6. Lifestyle – what is your lifestyle like? Is there enough exercise or appropriate physical activity in your daily routine and who you are/what stage you’re at in life? Are you eating the foods and drinking the beverages which support your body, mind and constitution? Your vitality and strength on that physical and mental level play a huge part in your overall health and wellbeing.
Dis-ease and illness as we know it, do not show up randomly in the body. It’s due to a combination of the above six key areas. When there is an imbalance in two or more of these areas, we will experience this imbalance in the mind and body, especially when left for long periods. This is when symptoms also become chronic.
Therefore, looking after our health and wellbeing in mind, body and spirit is so important…and is not just about green smoothies and pilates. Or keto diets and gym routines. There needs to be balance (or as close to balance as possible) in all six areas for us to enjoy more balanced health and wellness overall.
What’s also important to remember is there isn’t any blame being placed here. This is about educating ourselves and adjusting things in our own lives accordingly. When we know and are informed fully, we can make more accurate and appropriate choices and decisions. Education and being empowered individually is key, rather than giving that personal power away, expecting someone else to fix you. You’re not broken…your body is simply giving bio-feedback when physical and mental symptoms show up.
Two tools which I use successfully and effectively, both on and for myself, as well as with those I work with are EFT (also known as tapping) and pure simple mindful breathing. They each help to calm the fight or flight response and rebalance the mind and body to a state of calm again. Both can be easily learnt and followed by two apps I recommend, which are currently free to download. The Breathing App has very simple content and it’s all accessible for both iOS and Andriod. The tapping app has some free content and some which is accessible when you subscribe. It’s also available for both iOS and Andriod.
To find out more, get in touch, where we can discuss your own individual needs…because no two people come to have their dis-ease by the same route…everyone has different triggers, which activate in the mind and body at different times.
* NB: If you have any signs or symptoms, both physically and/or mentally, which you’re unsure of and are not coping with on your own, go and see your GP and get a medical assessment done. Knowledge is power and understanding what is going on from a medical perspective is vital for supporting your wellness journey. I work alongside doctors in my work, which is crucial for getting to the root cause of illness and dis-ease in anyone.